10 Feb What’s Good about Doing Your CELTA at IH Bucharest? Our Graduates’ Thoughts
Author: Ilinca Stroe
Set up in May 2019, the Teacher Training Centre of International House (IH) Bucharest ran five CELTA courses in 2021: three part-time and two full-time, all online. That is ambitious for a relatively new centre, and prospective trainees might ask themselves, “Does it pay off to do your CELTA at IH Bucharest?” “Is it good value for money?” “Is it worth it?”
We offer not just a content-rich, well organised Cambridge-supervised course, but also international tutors who have a few distinctive qualities: they are supportive; they mean to help you reach your full teaching potential; they are available and dedicated – there for you whenever you need them; they are truly passionate about their work. Also, we offer a reasonable course fee (£1,300) and significant discounts for early birds.
All that information is already part of our promotion efforts. But what can really make a difference, at the moment of wondering whether the IH Bucharest CELTA is worth it, is the first-hand impressions coming straight from the horse’s mouth: the people who completed their CELTA with us. Here they are, just as our graduates expressed them to the Cambridge assessor who collected their feedback about our autumn CELTA.
What you get from the IH Bucharest CELTA course
- “The best thing is that it provides structure and plenty of guidance. It explains why we do the things we do. It is a reputable course, so the certificate would open many doors for new teachers. We learned proper lesson planning and how to ask CCQs, which can be tricky.”
- “This is a great course that helps you focus on improving your lesson planning, helps you understand where your students may struggle and how to anticipate those problems.”
- “This course showed me the best teaching techniques, helped with self-confidence, a solid structure in lesson planning. Made me see/evaluate myself as well, not only the learners.”
- “It provided me with new ways of teaching, student-based teaching, new levels of being assessed as a teacher and being guided throughout teaching from this new perspective. It was helpful, efficient, constructive and it offered me a new aim related to my job, meaning being proficient in teaching.”
- “The best thing was the teacher practice rollercoaster, the fact that I learned so many things about lesson planning and its importance for the actual practice, the fact that the course is well structured and each stage of the course builds upon the previous one. It helped me improve my self-confidence, my flexibility in planning and made me look at teaching from a different perspective.”
- “It fills the gap between theory and practice. A good start for everybody who wants to become a teacher, but it’s also very useful for those who already have some experience.”
What training you receive during the IH Bucharest CELTA course
- “Very useful feedback on teaching practice, well structured and clear input sessions, great tutors who offered lots of support. A new approach to teaching for those more used to the old traditional style.”
- “Awesome feedback from the tutors; lots of clarification of lesson stages and how to improve. All input was collaborative and the tutors were helpful and attentive to individual needs. For me it was a good refresher to some things I have learned before, but introduced some aspects of language analysis and speech analysis that I wasn’t aware of before.”
If you are willing and ready to benefit from that kind of training quality, if you are willing and ready to experience that kind of professional satisfaction and feeling of self development, then you might want to consider enrolling on one of our CELTA courses this year:
- 29 Jan – 9 Apr (online, part-time)
- 9 Apr – 25 Jun (online, part-time)
- 27 Jun – 22 Jul (face to face, full-time)
- 1 – 26 Aug (face to face, full-time)
- 1 Oct – 17 Dec (online, part-time)
Now you know it is worth it!
International House Bucharest runs regular CELTA and DELTA courses for teachers of English at its Teacher Training Centre, as well as training events online, onsite or at partner locations. To sign up for a course or event, contact email@example.com.